Basalt Rock Description:
1) The basalts are extrusive naturally mined igneous rock. They are dense fine-grained rocks that are of very dark color- green or black and form when molten lava from deep in the earth’s crust rises up and solidifies. Slightly coarser old sheets of basalt, now partially altered but still dark in color, are extensively quarried, crushed, and sold as “traprock”.
2) Basalt is a hard, dense, dark volcanic rock composed chiefly of plagioclase, pyroxene, and olivine, and often having a glassy appearance.
3) Basalt continuous fibers offer the prospect of a completely new range of composite materials and products.
4) Basalt fibers together with carbon or ceramic fibers as well as various metals is one of the most advanced and exciting area of application, as they can develop new hybrid composite materials and technologies.
5) Its main use is as a crushed rock used in construction, industrial and highway engineering. However it is not commonly known that basalt can be used in manufacturing and made into fine, superfine and ultra fine fibers. Comprised of single-ingredient raw material melt, basalt fibers are considered superior to other fibers in terms of thermal stability, heat and sound insulation properties, vibration resistance and durability.
6) Basalt products have no toxic re-action with air or water, are non-combustible and explosion proof. When in contact with other chemicals they produce no chemical reactions that may damage health or the environment. Basalt replace almost all applications of asbestos and has three times its heat insulation properties. Basalt based composites can replace steel and all known reinforced plastics (1 kg of basalt reinforcement equals 9.6 kg of steel). The life of basalt fiber pipes, designed for a variety of applications, could be at least 50 years without maintenance or electrical or technical protection.
7) Basalt’s special properties can possibly reduce the cost of products whilst improving their performance. More than hundred specific unique manufacturing techniques using basalt fiber materials and products have been developed and patented in Russia.
Basalt Typical Applications:
Crushed stone, concrete aggregate, railroad ballast, production of high quality textile fibers, floor tiles, acid-resistant equipment for heavy industrial use, rockwool, basalt plastic pipers, basalt plastic reinforcement bars, basalt fiber roofing felt (ruberoid), basalt laminate used as a protective coating, heat-insulating basalt fiber materials, glass wool (fiber glass), etc.
• Friction materials such as brake pads and linings
• Manufacture of basalt mat/felt
• Reinforcement for composites, polyester/epoxy resins and plastics as used in automotive body panels, boat hulls and pultruded products, etc. • High-temperature insulation applications
• Passive fire protection materials
• Basalt is the best reinforcement for concrete due to its tensile strength and natural resistance to deterioration from alkali
• High-performance automotive muffler filler
• Filler for gypsum and sheetrock board requiring increased ‘burn-thru’ capability, to meet building regulations
Basalt Crusher Machine:
Based on years of production experience, we absorb technology advantages from the same field abroad and domestic, organizing elite basalt crushing experts to investigate, research, try again and again; finally, we develop Shenbang basalt crusher and basalt grinding machine. Our basalt crusher includes 5 series: jaw crusher series, cone crusher series,VSI crusher series,impact crusher series and mobile crusher series, of which cone crusher series and mobile crusher series have better performance. The basalt cone crusher friction disc design and rotation of eccentric shaft bushing around fix cone plus more reasonable “labyrinth seal” system are unique features, which have more advantages like easier operation, larger application scope, more reliable, more smooth functioning comparing with traditional basalt crusher. It is the most ideal equipment as basalt crusher.
Jiasteven is a engineer worked in SBM Industrial Machinery, which is a professional manufacturer of grinding mill and stone crusher.